Per the request of Ashleigh Curry with Safe Routes to School Coordinator, we are posting some answers to many questions being asked about the BPAC (Bicycle and Pedestrian Facilities Advisory Committee) that were answered by the MPO (Mesilla Valley Metropolitan Planning Organization).
- How many meetings are there per year?
- What day/times are the meetings?
- Where are the meetings held?
- I realize 100% attendance is optimum but are there a certain number of meetings a representative must attend in order to remain on the BPAC?
- What’s the deadline for applying to be considered?
- The BPAC meets the first two months of every quarter.
- The meetings are the third Tuesday of the month at 5:00 PM
- The meetings are held at the Doña Ana County Government building
- A member places their membership in jeopardy if they miss two consecutive meetings or miss more than 25% of meetings during a calendar year
- It is essentially an Open Until Filled request for applicants.