Now is the time to start something new and fresh to improve your overall well-being! It also gives you the opportunity to do your bit this new year to make the world a better place for yourself and others. Every year many resolutions are made and many are not kept. Make a resolution (goal or plan) or two that you can stick with and share it with others. Hopefully, you will consider cycling when making these resolutions. As you know cycling is a healthy, low-impact exercise that can be enjoyed by people of all ages, from young children to older adults. It is also fun, cheap, good for the environment, and allows you to spend time with awesome people with the same interests! Too see the many health benefits of cycling, please click here. So if you want to improve your overall health, gain fitness, lose weight, improve cycling performance, or just feel good, include cycling in your resolutions.
Cycling goals and resolutions can be for racers, commuters, or just cycling enthusiasts. Make sure you create ones that are attainable, yet push you do be your best and perhaps make you leave your comfort zone! These may include weight or fitness goals, time spent on the bike, mileage, or perhaps be as simple as signing up for an event you wouldn’t have previously considered. For more resources on cycling resolutions, please click on the ones below.
- 17 New Year’s Resolutions Every Cyclist Should Stand By
- 10 New Year’s Resolutions for Cyclists
- New year’s resolutions and goal setting – approaches that work
- https://www.strava.com/ (If you’re not already a Strava member, you may want to consider it to track your goals and performance. It also allows you to connect with others that are doing the same.)
- Please check out our ZVC calendar for events tentatively scheduled. This is updated regularly.
- If you haven’t already signed up to be a ZiaVelo Cycling member, be sure to do so by clicking here.
- January 7, SST Trail Maintenance Work Day. Please join us to improve the SST mountain bike trails in the Robledos part of the OMDP Monument. For more details and directions, click here.
- March 3 -4 ZVC Hillsboro Trifecta, here in Las Cruces, March 3-4. Registration will be up soon. Volunteers are needed! If you are interested in volunteering for this event, please contact Kurt Austin at email@example.com.
Wishing you a Happy New Year with happiness, health, and the hope that you will have many blessings in the year to come!!!
Written by Tammy Risner