1) Where is your hometown? Artesia, NM
2) Can you tell us a little bit about your training? Do you have a coach? Do you ride on the trainer? / Special schedules? Lots of hills? / Technical trails? Yoga? My training is all over the place! I love technical with hills, but unfortunately close to us (and by that I mean 45 minutes is our closet trail) doesn’t have a lot of hills. We have some rocky, technical though! My favorite trails to train on are in Cloudcroft! I ride a trainer when forced, but it is my least favorite type of training! I enjoy getting out on the road for long rides! I cross train a lot due to my profession, I also run 3-4 times a week, and Yoga is awesome!
3) What was your favorite race? High Altitude Classic!!!! Cloudcroft has amazing trails and is my favorite place to ride.
4) What got you into mountain biking/cycling? In 2015 my friend, JB Sterns, had been talking to me about mountain biking and how awesome it was. I believe I told him he was nuts, but finally broke down and bought a cheap, heavy mountain bike in June 2015. My first race was a few weeks later. I instantly fell in love with mountain biking and haven’t looked back!
5) What is your day job? Fitness Instructor (I teach Insanity, PiYo, Yoga, and circuit training)
6) Favorite Food? Potatoes and strawberry cake
7) Do you have any other activities you enjoy besides cycling? I love traveling and exploring! I enjoy running half marathons all over the US!