1) Where is your hometown? Silver City, NM
2) Can you tell us a little bit about your training? Do you have a coach? Do you ride on the trainer? / Special schedules? Lots of hills? / Technical trails? Yoga? My training involves as much time as I can squeeze in. I run and bike when I can and weather permitting. I read a lot of books on endurance running and try to transfer that to my biking. I don’t have a coach unless YouTube and group rides counts. I really try to cross train with weights and cardio. I have a trainer setup in the living room but that’s the last resort. My schedule is pretty mixed. I try to run at 5amand ride in the afternoon after coaching track or cross country. My training always seem to have some hills since Silver City is placed in Gila Forest. What a great privilege I have to ride and run on the awesome trails Silver City has to offer. I can increase my intensity by riding the CDT or calm it down by riding Fort Bayard trail system.
3) What was your favorite race? My favorite Race is the Signal Peak Challenge in Silver City and the Lost Tierra Torture in Glorieta. I love the challenge of rock gardens and awesome downhill speed.
4) What got you into mountain biking/cycling? I gave up the horses and rodeo and transitioned into biking. I also grew up riding motorcycles and trying to keep up with my older brothers, so it came easy to move right into mountain biking.
5) What is your day job? I am a Teacher. Currently I luck out having the opportunity to teach Physical Education and Health. I workout everyday with my students, weightlifting, yoga, walkacise and HIIT. I really enjoy promoting students to have healthier lives.
6) Favorite Food? Really anything that tastes good. I am not to picky but do enjoy a variety of foods and yes I do save room for dessert.
7) Do you have any other activities you enjoy besides cycling? Running is what I also enjoy. I have a group of friends which started running this year and we have entered a 5K and 10K this year. Loving it so we are now increasing our distance with a half marathon and going to try to team up for obstacle course race. My hopes are that I can improve my swimming so that I can enter an Xterra or Triathlon.